Sunday 1 July 2018

The Best | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I have a new layout to share with you featuring the awesome new 'Boys Rule' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This week the design team will be sharing projects that feature stripes and stars... Two of my favourite things to include on a boy layout, so of course I had to document a photo of my young man! This photo was taken nearly ten years ago, when he was only one! He was such a little cutie!

Here's my layout...


I started my layout off by adding some vertical strips of patterned paper down the left hand side of the page. The papers that I used were... Straight & Narrow, Expressionist (reverse side), and Entitled (reverse side). I wanted them to have lots of texture and interest, so I used a border punch on the dark blue one, I added some machine stitching to the aqua one, and I also distressed the edges of both those papers. I love how this looks!


Next I matted my photo with the reverse side of the Straight & Narrow patterned paper, and I added some craft foam underneath it to give it some extra dimension. To the right of the photo I added my title using two of the chipboard pieces from the collection, and I also added the chipboard piece that says 'Fun & Games' underneath the title.


I created a cluster of embellishments down in the bottom right hand corner of the page to balance out the photo at the top. I layered together a few die cuts from the collection, as well as a flair button, and I typed my journaling straight onto one of the labels using my typewriter.


I finished the layout off with a scattering of stars. I used some off the accessory sticker sheet, as well as the die cut ephemera pack. I love that this collection includes LOTS of stars... as well as the cardstock stickers and die cuts, there's also chipboard ones, and clear stickers!

Thanks so much for joining me here today! If you'd like to watch how I created this page, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel...


Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment