Thursday 19 July 2018

July Junque Journal Summer Camp Challenge Week 2 | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends!

Today I want to share with you what I’ve been creating in my Junque Journal this week. I’ve been playing along with Vicki Boutin's July Summer Camp prompts, and I love that these give me a quick jumping off point for my junque journal pages! 

Lately I’ve been creating mini scrapbook pages in my junque journal, and I’ve really enjoyed doing that, but this week I started working in a new journal, and this one is going to be just for playing and experimenting with my mixed media products… No photos. So it will be more like an art journal, than a mini album. Here’s a look at the three pages that I created this week… 


I had so much fun creating these pages, and I love how they tuned out! Let’s take a closer look at them, and I’ll show you how I created each one… 

Prompt #9 Monochromatic 

To start this page, I painted the whole background with the Cotton Candy acrylic paint. I used a baby wipe to apply it. 


Next I applied some gesso through the flower stencil using an ink blending tool. I also watered down some gesso and splattered it onto the background with a paint brush. 


Once that layer was dry, I repeated this process, but this time I used the Sugared Strawberry acrylic paint through the butterfly stencil. 


For the final layer, I added some stamping using one of the circle stamps and the bright pink ink from the Color Wheel. 


Here’s a look at the completed page… 


I finished the page off with a stamped sentiment using one of the ‘All the Good Things’ stamp sets. 



Prompt #13 Punch it Out 

I started this page off by creating a pretty watercolour effect on one of the Junque Journal inserts, using pink, purple and blue art crayons. I added the colour to the page using the packaging / kissing technique, and then used my waterbrush to blend the colour and move it around on the page. 


Next I used my stencil brush to apply the art crayons through the circle stencil. Because I knew that I was going to be punching shapes out of this background, I wanted to create lots of interest and varying depths of colour on the page. 


Once I was finished with the background, I used one of my VB stamp sets to stamp lots of flowers onto the page in different sizes. I then used the dies in the set to cut the flowers out. (This counts as punching right?!) 


I decided on using one of the Kraft inserts for this page, as I thought the flowers would look pretty against the Kraft. I wanted to create a hazy white background behind the flowers so I used my stencil brush to apply some gesso to the page. I then arranged the flowers, cascading down the right hand side of the page. Here’s a look at the finished page… 


I added some foam tape underneath some of the flowers to give them some extra dimension. Once again, I finished the page off by adding a stamped sentiment using a stamp from my stash. 



Prompt #14 Plastic Cups / Found Objects 

I was on a roll, so I created one more quick page for the ‘found objects’ prompt… 


As with the first page, I applied acrylic paint to my background using a baby wipe. I then built up the layers on the background by applying gesso through a stencil, as well as stamping in various cool colours using the circle stamps. My found object was a small medicine cup, which I used to stamp the black circles onto my page. The final layer is what really gives this page a ‘wow’ factor… I applied some gold glaze through a small circle stencil from my stash to three areas on the background. I LOVE how this looks! 


As with my previous two pages, I added a stamped phrase, as this just gives the page a focal point. 


I really love how that gold glaze shines in the light! 


That’s it for this week! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my Junque Journal pages! I have a process video which shows how I created the first two pages, if you’d like to check it out… 


Thanks so much for joining me today! 

Supplies Used: 
Junque Journal 
Junque Journal Refills – White Paper 
Junque Journal Refills – Kraft Paper 
Gesso 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 1 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 2 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 3 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Color Wheel Pigment Ink – Cool Tones 
Color Wheel Pigment Ink – Warm Tones 
Creative FX Glaze – Gold 
Stamps & Dies – Set 2 
Stamp & Dies – Set 3 
Stencils 
Watercolor Brushes 
Stencil Brush Set 
Mister Bottles 


No comments:

Post a Comment