Sunday 15 July 2018

Beautiful | Cocoa Vanilla

Hi everyone!

Today I have a new layout to share with you featuring the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Bohemian Dream collection! I documented a cute photo of my youngest daughter Eleanor wearing a sweet unicorn headband that her sister bought for her. I just love the cute expression on her face! With lots of blues in the photo, Bohemian Dream was perfect for scrapbooking this photo!


I decided on using a large background cut file for this layout, and I backed each of the flowers in the cut file with one of the blue patterned papers from the collection. The papers that I used were...

Abundant (reverse side)
Beautiful Mess (reverse side)
Flower Child (reverse side)
Gypsy Heart (reverse side)
Wild & Free (reverse side)

Once I'd finished backing the cut file, I cut it down the middle, and positioned each piece so that the straight edge was up against the left and right hand sides of the page.


Next I matted my photo with the Abundant patterned paper, and I tucked it in between the two pieces of the cut file. I also tucked a die cut frame under the bottom right hand corner of the photo, and added the die cut piece that says 'Wild Child' across the bottom of the photo.


I had originally planned for this to be a monochromatic layout and to only use shades of blue, but I decided to bring some purple into my embellishing, and I love how this looks! The little chipboard bird that I added to the left of the photo is so cute!


I used one of the pretty chipboard words from the collection as the title for my page. I really like how the white title looks against the white background.


I finished the layout off with a few of the little word stickers and some enamel dots.


Thanks so much for joining me here today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout. I'll be back next month with some more inspiration to share with you. Until then, take care.

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment