Tuesday 17 July 2018

Good Life | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends!

Today I'm sharing a new layout for the Vicki Boutin design team, featuring some fun and easy mixed media techniques! On this layout, I documented a beautiful photo of my eldest daughter Abigail, with my Mum, taken on her birthday last year. I decided on using the pinks and aquas from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, to complement the photo. 

Here’s a look at my finished layout… 


This is how I created my background… 

I started off with a sheet of the Vicki Boutin Foundations Paper, and I added some acrylic paint on my background to the area where I wanted to add my photo. I used the Coral Macaroon Color Pop paint, and I applied it using a dry brush. 


Next I used one of the Vicki Boutin stencils and I applied some Iridescent glaze through it using a palette knife. I masked off the outer flowers on the stencil, as I only wanted to use the centre flower. I repeated the design three times over the top of the painted area. 


For my next layer, I added some stamping using the script stamp and the bright pink ink from the warm color wheel. 


And to finish off my mixed media background, I added some splatters using watered down acrylic paint 


It was fun to build up lots of layers on my background, and I love the colour and texture that it adds to the page! 

I matted my photo with the Pretty Words patterned paper, and added some craft foam underneath it to give it some extra dimension. On the left hand side of the photo, I created a little floral cluster that includes a stamped flower, and a couple of die cut leaves. 


I created my title using a combination of the chipboard and foam Thickers from the collection. I love mixing different fonts to create my titles, as it adds lots of interest! 


I fussy cut a couple of the bright pink butterflies out of the Social Butterfly patterned paper, and used them to embellish my page. I also added one of the cardstock word stickers at the top of the page. Rather than leaving it as a long strip, I decided to cut it in half to create two shorter strips that I layered together. I finished the page off with some stamped leaves to add some extra detail. 


Thanks so much for joining me here today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout! I’ll be back next week to share some more inspiration with you! 

Supplies Used: 
Foundations Paper 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 3 
Creative FX Glaze – Iridescent 
Color Wheel Pigment Inks – Warm Tones 
Stencils 
Stamps & Dies – Set 1 
Stamps & Dies – Set 2 
Brushes 
Cardstock Stickers 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
Cardstock Die Cuts – Icons 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Social Butterfly 


No comments:

Post a Comment