Sunday 8 July 2018

Junque Journal Pages | Vicki Boutin

Hi everyone!

Today I have two new junque journal pages to share with you! Have you started on your July prompts for Vicki Boutin's Junque Journal Summer Camp challenge? Last month we covered the basics, and this month we’re going to take it a step further! It’s going to be fun, so make sure you play along with us! 

For my first page, I thought I’d start with prompt #1 for July, which is to use layered stamps! Here’s a look at my page… 


This was such a quick and easy background to create, and I love how it turned out! I used the Vicki Boutin circle stamps, and started by stamping multiple circle designs onto my background using black archival ink. I then chose three different colours of ink from the Color Wheels, and using the solid circle stamps, I stamped over the top of the patterned black ones. And that was it! Super easy, and the result is so fun! 


This page was perfect for documenting a photo of my son swimming in the pool at my parent’s house last summer. The bright colours on the background really helped my photo to pop! I also added some craft foam underneath the photo to give it some extra dimension, and matted it with the Pretty Words patterned paper. 


I added a title at the top of the page using a die cut from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and wrote my journaling underneath the title. I finished the page off with some little watercolor stickers, and black enamel dots. 


For my next page, I was inspired by prompt #4, which is to create an ombre effect. Here’s a look at my page… 


This is how I created the background… 

1) First I applied some matte acrylic gel medium through the circle stencil using a palette knife. This was just to add some texture to the page, before I added the colour.

2) Once that was dry, I used the ‘kissing’ technique to apply my art crayons. I chose colours that I knew would shade into one another to create an ombre effect. I started at the bottom of the page with the blue, and then blended that into the teal green, and then finally the yellow at the top of the page. 

I totally LOVE these colours, and the ombre effect on the background! 


Next I chose three inks that matched the colours on the background, and stamped a circle design onto white cardstock in each of the colours. Then, using the dies that come with the stamps, I die cut the circles and arranged them on my page, matching them to the colours on the background. I also added an enamel dot of the same colour in the middle of each circle. For my title, I combined one of the gold glitter words from the foam Thickers pack, with the Vicki Boutin chipboard Thickers. 


On this page, I documented a photo of my youngest daughter playing at the playground. Once again, I matted my photo with the Pretty Words patterned paper, and added some craft foam underneath it for some extra dimension. Under the left hand side of the photo, I tucked some die cut leaves. 


Lastly, I added a yellow die cut flower at the top of the page, and I also added some journaling to the left of the photo. 


Thanks so much for joining me here today! I hope that you've been inspired!

Supplies Used: 
Junque Journal 
Junque Journal Refills – White Paper 
Gesso 
Matte Acrylic Gel 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Color Wheel Pigment Ink – Cool Tones 
Color Wheel Pigment Ink – Warm Tones 
Stamps & Dies – Set 3 
Stencils 
Watercolor Brushes 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames 
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments 
Watercolor Stickers 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words 


No comments:

Post a Comment