Saturday 28 July 2018

July Junque Journal Summer Camp Challenge Week 3 | Vicki Boutin

Hi everyone!

I have some new Junque Journal pages to share with you today that I’ve created for Vicki Boutin’s Junque Journal Summer Camp challenge. I used some of the prompts from week 3 of July to inspire my pages. I had so much fun creating them! 

Prompt #16 Brushstrokes 

The first page I created was for the brushstrokes prompt… 


To create the background for this page, I chose four different colours of the Color Pop acrylic paints, I watered them down just a little bit, and then I used the widest of the VB paint brushes to add stripes of paint to the page. 


I had some excess paint left on my craft mat after I finished painting the background, so I decided to stamp some flowers using black archival ink, and I used the leftover paint to paint the flowers. I also stamped some leaves and fussy cut these as well. 


Once everything was dry, I arranged the flowers on the painted background, matching up the colour of each flower to the painted stripes. I love how bright and summery this looks, and I definitely want to try out this design on a scrapbook layout! 


To finish the page off, I added a die cut from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, which I adhered with foam tape for added dimension. 



Prompt #17 Art Crayons & Iridescent Glaze 

The second page that I created was inspired by prompt #17… 


I started this page off by creating a watercolour effect on the background using pink, orange and red art crayons. I applied the art crayons using the packaging / kissing technique, and then used my waterbrush to blend the colour and move it around on the page. Next I added some stamping using a couple of the circle stamps, and the same colour art crayons that I had already used. For the final layer on the background, I mixed the pink and red art crayons with the iridescent glaze and applied it through the script stencil. 


I love the shimmer and texture that the Iridescent glaze adds to the page, and also that you can customise it to whatever colour you like using your art crayons! 


I embellished this page with a few fussy cut butterflies and a sticker from the watercolor sticker pack. Once again, I used foam tape to adhere the embellishments to give them lots of dimension. 



Prompt #19 Gesso Resist 

For my final Junque Journal page this week, I created a background using the gesso resist technique… 


To start this page off, I applied some gesso through the flower stencil using a palette knife. 


Once the gesso was dry, I added some watercolour over the top using art crayons with plastic packaging. I mixed together the light blue art crayon with the lime green one to create a pretty aqua colour. I also added some splatters to the page using a paint brush. 


I waited for everything to dry, and then I used a baby wipe to buff the areas where I had added the gesso through the stencil. Because the gesso resists the art crayons, it was easy to remove the colour from those stencilled areas, and it allowed that stencilling to really show through. 


To finish the page off, I created a little cluster using embellishments from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. 


That’s it for this week! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my Junque Journal pages! I have a process video which shows how I created the first two pages, if you’d like to check it out… 


Thanks so much for joining me today! 

Supplies Used: 
Junque Journal 
Junque Journal Refills – White Paper 
Gesso 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 1 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 3 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Creative FX Glaze – Iridescent 
Stamps & Dies – Set 2 
Stamp & Dies – Set 3 
Stencils 
Watercolor Brushes 
Mister Bottles 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames 
Watercolor Stickers 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Social Butterfly 


No comments:

Post a Comment