Wednesday 1 August 2018

Awesome | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hey friends!

Today I have a new layout to share with you, featuring the awesome Cocoa Vanilla 'Boys Rule' collection! I can't get enough of this collection, it's just so fun to create with! On this layout, I documented a photo of my son when he was just 17 months old. He was such a happy and easy-going baby, and I adore his cute little smile in this photo! I printed the photo in black and white to help it to really pop off the page!


I decided to arrange all of the elements on the layout down the right hand side of the page, leaving lots of white space on the left hand side. This design really helps to draw the viewer's focus to the photo.


I started at the top of the page by layering together a chipboard piece with a die cut banner. I love that the chipboard pieces in this collection are all pre-cut pieces, making it easier to move them around the page.


I used another chipboard piece as the title for the page. I love to use the large chipboard words on my layouts! They make an easy title, and they really make an impact on the page!


Underneath the photo I layered a few die cut and chipboard frames. I also matted my photo with the reverse side of the Entitled patterned paper, and I adhered it with foam tape to give it some extra dimension. I created a little cluster of embellishments on the bottom right hand corner of the photo using die cut ephemera. I used a label to add my journaling to, and tucked it under the side of the photo.


At the bottom of the page I added the grey scallop die cut piece. I finished the layout off with a sprinkling of stars and a few little word stickers.


I love how this turned out, and it was a quick and easy layout to put together! I hope that you've been inspired and that you enjoyed taking a closer look at my layout.

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment