Friday 1 June 2018

Awesome | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing my first layout using the AWESOME new Cocoa Vanilla Boys Rule collection! This just might be my favourite boy collection ever!! I LOVE the colours, and the embellishments are so fun! This layout came together very quickly (well quick for me anyway!), and that's because the product was just so easy to work with! On this layout I documented a photo of my hubby and my boy fishing together while we were on holidays last year...


I decided on using the reverse side of the Star Fall patterned paper as the background for this layout. This kind of paper is perfect for using as a background as the pattern is subtle, but still adds some nice detail to the page. I then layered three more patterned papers onto my background to provide a matt for my photo to sit in. The papers I used were:
Expressionist (both sides)
Fun & Games (reverse side)

I also cut out the strip of stars from the Boy Stuff patterned paper, and tucked it under the bottom edge of the Expressionist patterned paper.


Next I matted my photo with one of the sections from the Fun & Games cut apart sheet, and I adhered my photo using craft foam underneath to give it some extra dimension. To the left of the photo I added an arrow from the die cut ephemera pack, and then I added my title along the bottom of the photo using one of the chipboard pieces. I love that these are now pre-cut, which makes them easier to move around your page whilst deciding on their placement.


To the right of the photo I added a die cut camera, and I also tucked a label from the Miscellany die cut pack under the side of the photo. I typed my journaling on my typewriter and then cut it up into strips to add to the label.


I used the 'adventure' die cut from the miscellany pack, and I tucked it under the top edge of the light blue Expressionist patterned paper. I also added a flair button there as well.


I finished the layout off with some of the chipboard crosses and a few little word stickers from the accessory sticker sheet.

Thanks so much for joining me here on my blog today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout and how I used the amazing Boys Rule collection!

Mandy x

1 comment:

  1. This looks great, I love the papers you have layered under your photo..

    ReplyDelete