Thursday 31 May 2018

CVS Retreat | Vicki Boutin

Hi there friends! 

Today I have a bright and colourful layout to share with you, featuring the Vicki Boutin Color Pop paints! I was lucky to be able to attend a creative retreat recently and it was so lovely to be able to meet some of the ladies that I’m friends with online, in real life. I documented a photo of all the girls that I shared a table with at retreat. They were such a fun bunch of ladies, and we definitely had some good laughs over the weekend! 


I started my layout off with a sheet of the Vicki Boutin Foundations Paper, and then I created a rainbow of colours on my background using the Color Pop paints. I watered them down quite a bit, and I also misted the background with a bit of water before applying the paint. This allowed the colour to move more freely on the cardstock, and it also gave them more of a watercolour look. I think I’ll try something like this again, because I love how it turned out! 


Next I matted my photo with a couple of the patterned papers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, as well as some vellum. I added some craft foam in between the layers to give the photo some extra dimension. I also added a cardstock sticker across the bottom of the photo that says ‘Do all the Things’. Underneath the photo I added my title, using the chipboard Thickers from the collection. I added some machine stitching through the Thickers to secure them to the page, and to add some texture. 


Around the photo I added some of the watercolour stickers, tucking them into the layers. You can also see here that I added a little bit of stamping to the background. I used one of the Vicki Boutin stamp sets, along with the Color Wheel inks. I tried to keep it tone-on-tone, matching the colour of the ink to the colour on the background. 


I fussy cut some of the beautiful butterflies out of the Social Butterfly patterned paper, and adhered them to the page, once again trying to match them to the colours on the background as closely as I could. I also added some machine stitching through the middle of the butterflies, and then lifted the wings up a little to give them some dimension. 


I finished the page off with some black ink splatters and enamel dots. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout! If you’d like to see how it came together, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel… 


Supplies Used: 
Foundations Paper 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 1 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 2 
Color Pop Acrylic Paints – Set 3 
Color Wheel Pigment Ink – Cool Tones 
Color Wheel Pigment Inks – Warm Tones 
Stamps & Dies – Set 2 
Brushes 
Mister Bottles 
Cardstock Stickers 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Watercolor Stickers 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Social Butterfly 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – The Little Things 


No comments:

Post a Comment