Monday 25 June 2018

Junque Journal pages | Vicki Boutin

Hey everyone! 

Today I have two new pages in my Vicki Boutin junque journal to share with you! I’m loving playing along with the June prompts for Vicki’s Junque Journal Summer Camp! I decided to combine a few of the prompts on each page because I know that I won’t have the time to be able to get messy every day of the month. That’s the fun about this though – You can make it work for you! The important thing is that you’re having fun with mixed media and learning some new techniques along the way! 

So for my first page, I’ve used the cool art crayon pack (prompt #4), along with the Iridescent glaze (prompt #8), and I used the watercolour kissing technique to apply the crayons (prompt #25)! Here’s a look at my finished page… 


 And here’s my process for creating the background for this page… 

First I scribbled the art crayon onto some plastic packaging, added a little water, and then applied the watercolour to my cardstock using the ‘kissing’/packaging technique. I also used a waterbrush to move the colour around on the page, and to blend the colours. 


Once that was dry, I added some stencilling using the art crayons and a stencil brush. 


Next I decided to use the Iridescent glaze with the circle stamps. I wanted to create the look of bubbles to tie in with the photo that I was documenting. I simply put a little bit of the glaze onto my craft mat, spritzed some water onto it to dilute it, and then stamped into the glaze then onto my page. It doesn’t give a perfect image, but that was the look I was going for! I also added some splatters using the glaze. 


Lastly I added some stamping using another one of the circle stamps with and an ink from the cool color wheel. Here’s a look at the completed background… 


As I mentioned, I wanted to document a photo of my youngest daughter playing with bubbles on this page, so I decided to use lots of circular elements, both on the background and in my embellishing. 


I matted my photo with one of the patterned papers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and then I also tucked a frame and a circle die cut behind the photo as well. 


I added my title using the fabulous Vicki Boutin chipboard Thickers. I also used a few of the watercolor stickers on this page, and I adhered them using foam tape to give them some extra dimension. I finished the page off with some stamped hearts, and black enamel dots. 


For my next page, I was inspired by prompt #13, which was to use either gesso or matte gel medium as a resist, as well as prompt #11, which was to blend using the stencil brush. These techniques were really fun, and I love how this turned out! Here’s a look at my page… 


This is how I created the background… 

· First I applied gesso, using a palette knife, through the Vicki Boutin butterfly stencil 


Once that was dry, I used my stencil brush to apply three different colours of art crayons to the entire background. I then took a baby wipe and simple wiped clean the areas where I had applied the gesso through the stencil. Because the gesso resists the art crayons, the colour wipes off easily, bring it back to white again. 


Next I used the smaller stencil brush, along with the script stencil, to apply some stencilling just to the blue areas on the background. I wanted it to have a tone-on-tone look, so I chose a darker blue than what I had used on the background. 


Lastly I watered down the purple art crayon, and used a small paint brush to add some splatters to the background. 


I documented a photo of my eldest daughter with my nephew on this page. I created some layers behind the photo using a patterned paper from the 7x10 inch paper pad, as well as a die cut from the frames pack. Under the left hand side of the photo I tucked some die cut flowers and leaves. I adhered the photo using foam tape, to help it to really pop off the page. 


I added my title, once again using the ‘All the Good Things’ chipboard Thickers, and then I finished the page off with a few black hearts from the foam Thickers pack. 


Thanks so much for joining me here today! 

Supplies Used: 
Junque Journal 
Junque Journal Refills – White Paper 
Gesso 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Creative FX Glaze – Iridescent 
Color Wheel Pigment Ink – Cool Tones 
Stamps & Dies – Set 1 
Stamps & Dies – Set 3 
Stencils 
Watercolor Brushes 
Stencil Brush Set 
Mister Bottles 
Single-sided Card Pad 7”x10” 
Cardstock Stickers 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames 
Watercolor Stickers 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Soul Food 


No comments:

Post a Comment