Thursday 1 February 2018

Wonderful & Sweet | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

Today I'm sharing a layout that I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the stunning new More than Words collection! I just love the soft colours in this collection, and of course the beautiful florals! It's so lovely to work with, and I couldn't wait to create another layout with it!


On this layout, I documented a photo of my youngest daughter Eleanor with our new little kitten Archie. I just love the way they both look so happy and content together. Eleanor has such a sweet relationship with both our cats, and I'm so glad that I captured this moment!

I started my layout off by trimming an inch off each side of my white cardstock. I then added a thin border around the white cardstock using the reverse side of the Darling Buds patterned paper, and then matted the entire layout on the A-side of that same patterned paper. I love the sweet little flowers on that paper! I also added some machine stitching around the edge of the white cardstock to give it some additional texture.

I added some pretty layers behind my photo using a few patterned papers from the collection as well as a doily from my stash. The papers that I used are - Noteworthy (both the front and the reverse side), and Collage.


I created a pretty cluster of embellishments on the right hand side of the photo. The cluster includes a butterfly that I fussy cut from the Treasure patterned paper, some beautiful flowers from the die cut ephemera pack. a flair button, a little word sticker from the accessory sticker sheet, and a chipboard frame from the Wild at Heart collection. I used foam tape underneath some of the elements withing the cluster to give it lots of dimension! You can also see here the cute little chipboard banner that I added to the top right hand corner of the page.


I created a smaller second cluster down in the bottom left hand corner of the page. This gives the layout a diagonal flow, and helps to draw your eye from the photo, down to the title and journaling. This cluster includes more of the beautiful die cuts and stickers from the collection. Once again, I used foam tape to create varying heights within the cluster.


Lastly I added my title and journaling to the page. I created the title using a chipboard sticker from the More than Words collection, combined with alphabet stickers from the Hello Lovely collection. The wood grain look of the alphabet stickers balances out the chipboard frame in the top cluster.

That's it from me for today! Thanks so much for joining me here on my blog! Make sure you keep your eye out at your local retailer for the More than Words collection, as this is one that you will not want to miss!

Mandy x

1 comment: