Tuesday 27 February 2018

Note Travelers Notebook Spread | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends!

Today I'm sharing a traveler’s notebook spread featuring the Vicki Boutin ‘All the Good Things’ collection by American Crafts! If you’ve ever wanted to include some mixed media into your traveler’s notebooks, but you weren’t sure how, then today I have a technique to share with you! You CAN still have fun with your mixed media goodies, without worrying about how it will affect the pages in your insert! All you need are some art crayons, and the awesome Vicki Boutin watercolour stickers! Here’s the spread that I created, using these…


I had lots of fun getting ‘arty’ and painting those beautiful flowers from the watercolour sticker pack using the art crayons! I love that I was able to include some mixed media on this page, and what’s best is that I could customise my flowers to whatever colour I chose! I’m so happy with how they turned out!

I created a cluster with the flowers in the bottom corner of the left hand page, and then I tucked the die cut word ‘note’ in above the floral cluster. I love the contrast of the black title against the bright colours of the flowers! Above the title I added one of the word stickers, which I cut in half. It was the perfect sentiment for this page!


I added my photo to the right hand page, which I matted with two of the patterned papers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. I tucked a couple more of the painted flowers around the photo, and I also added a die cut heart to the top right hand corner of the photo.


In the bottom right hand corner of the page I added some short journaling.


I finished the spread off with a few enamel dots, and a doodled border around the edge of the page.


Thanks so much for joining me today! If you’d like to watch how I created this spread, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel…


Here’s a list of all of the Vicki Boutin products that I used to create this TN spread…
Art Crayons #1 – Warm
Art Crayons #2 – Cool
Art Crayons #3 – Neutral
Watercolor Brushes
Watercolor Stickers
Cardstock Stickers – Words
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments
Double Sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words
Double Sided Patterned Paper – Good Vibes


No comments:

Post a Comment