Thursday 15 February 2018

Love You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello friends!

Today I'm sharing a layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio, featuring the beautiful More than Words collection! We're continuing with our 'love' theme over on the CVS blog for the next couple of days, and so I'm sharing a layout of my hubby and I, taken on Christmas Day last year! I decided on this page that I wanted to focus on the corals and blues within the collection. Here's the layout that I created...


I chose the Radiant patterned paper (reverse side) as the background for my layout, and I matted it on the Gossamer patterned paper (reverse side). I also added some machine stitching around the edge of the page to give it some subtle texture.

Next I applied some acrylic paint to my background using a palette knife. I created that lovely coral coloured paint by mixing together pink and yellow. The painted background really helps the photo to pop off the page! I also splattered some watered down white gesso onto the background for some more interest.


I matted my photo with several patterned papers from the collection. The papers that I used were - Collage (reverse side), Treasure (reverse side), Noteworthy, and Gossamer (reverse side). I also added a doily from my stash, and I tucked a tab from the die-cut ephemera pack underneath the left hand side of the photo.


I combined one of the chipboard titles from the collection, with a banner from the die cut ephemera pack, and a couple of the little word stickers, to create the phrase 'love you my darling, with all my heart, always'. This was the perfect sentiment for this layout, and it serves as both the title and my journaling. I also added a little chipboard arrow underneath the title.


Underneath the title I added a couple of die cut feathers as well as a flair button from the collection. I added some foam tape underneath one of the feathers to give it some extra dimension.

I finished the layout off with a few enamel dots, and a chipboard hearts.

Thanks so much for joining me here on my blog today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment