Saturday 17 February 2018

Preschool Girl | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends!

Today I have a multi-photo layout to share using Vicki Boutin mixed media products and the ‘All the Good Things’ collection! I had a play with Vicki’s new stencil brushes on this page, and they are AMAZING!!


The colours in the ‘All the Good Things’ collection were perfect for documenting these photos of my youngest daughter on her first day of preschool! She looked so cute with her big back pack on! Here’s the layout that I created…


I started my layout off by applying three different colours of art crayons through the new butterfly stencil using the larger stencil brush. I started with pink at the bottom of the page, fading into purple, and then blue. I tilted the stencil a little each time I changed colours to make it look like the butterflies were floating up the page. I then added some water to the purple art crayon and splattered it onto the page using a small paint brush. This background was so quick and easy to create, and I love the subtle detail that it adds to the layout!

I adhered the photos onto a piece of white cardstock, and then matted them with three patterned papers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. The papers I used were… Positive Note (reverse side), Birds of a Feather (reverse side), and Blossom to Awesome (reverse side). I also fussy cut one of the floral clusters out of the Blossom to Awesome patterned paper and tucked it under the top edge of the photo strip. And I added a sticker that says ‘Fun Starts Here’, along the top of the photos as well.


Underneath the right hand side of the photo, I tucked a few of the die cut flowers from the ephemera icons pack. I added some foam tape underneath the leaves to lift them up and give them some extra dimension. 


Underneath the bottom edge of the photo strip I tucked a label from the frames pack, and then on top of that I adhered the die cut piece that says ‘Be Fearless’. I added foam tape underneath this as well to once again create some more dimension. I also tucked some leaves from the watercolour sticker pack underneath the bottom edge of the photos. Next I added my title, and the chipboard Thickers from the collection were perfect for this!


I created another little cluster in the bottom right hand corner of the page using a couple more die cuts. The birds in this collection are so cute! You can also see here that I added two strips of patterned paper across the bottom of the page, which helps to ground the layout.


I finished the layout off with some typed journaling and a few enamel dots from the Finishing Embellishments pack.

Thanks so much for joining me today! If you'd like to see how this layout came together, you can check out my process video on my YouTube channel...


Here’s a list of all of the Vicki Boutin products that I used on this page…
Art Crayons #1 – Warm
Art Crayons #2 – Cool
Stencils
Mister Bottles
Cardstock Stickers
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard
Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons
Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments
Mixed Media Watercolor Stickers
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Blossom to Awesome
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Birds of a Feather
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Positive Note



No comments:

Post a Comment