Saturday 15 April 2017

My Boy | Stuck?! Sketches April 15th challenge

Hi friends!

I hope that you are having a wonderful Easter weekend! I'm popping back in today to share the latest sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches! Here's the fabulous April 15th sketch designed by Laura Whitaker...

No automatic alt text available.

And here's my layout that I created using the sketch...


I documented a recent photo of my son and I taken while we were having a picnic. I love his natural smile in this photo, and that it really captures his happy and carefree personality!

I used the Simple Stories 'Love & Adore' collection to create this page. Although this is a Valentines collection, and is quite feminine, I was still able to find elements within the collection to make it work for a layout about me and my boy!

Here are some closeups...


The cluster to the left of my photo includes a Charms Creations chevron, a flair button from D-lish Scraps, and some die cut flowers from the Love & Adore collection.


I created another cluster on the bottom right hand corner of the photo using more die cuts and a chipboard sticker from the collection.


Using the sketch as a guide, I created a third cluster at the bottom of the page using a chipboard heart, a floral sticker, and a die cut piece with the phrase 'You're my Sweetheart'. I used alphabet stickers from the collection to create my title. You can also see here that I added some texture paste to my background using a Dusty Attic stencil.

I finished my layout off with some typed journaling, and by adding a few enamel dots to each embellishments cluster.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the fabulous layouts created by my fellow design team members! We'd love you to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by April 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:

Image may contain: text

No automatic alt text available.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page as always, they always catch my eye! Love this pic too, your sweet son looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete