Saturday 15 April 2017

Happy Easter | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm up on the Cocoa Vanilla blog sharing an Easter themed layout! To create this layout, I dug into my stash of Cocoa Vanilla goodies and used SIX different collections on this one page! That's just one more thing that I love about the Cocoa Vanilla collections - they all work so well together!


I documented a couple of cute photos of my youngest daughter enjoying her very first Easter egg last Easter! I printed the photos in black and white, as this allowed me the freedom to choose whichever colours I wanted to use on this page. I decided on using soft, pastel colours, as these really remind me of Easter!

I pulled out some patterned papers from the Colour Me Happy collection as well as the Hello Lovely collection, and used these to create some layers for my photos to sit on. I also matted my white cardstock background on the reverse side of the Star Spangled patterned paper from the Colour Me Happy collection. I like that this gives the layout a nice border.


I added a die cut banner from the Love Always ephemera pack to the photo on the left. I like lots of dimension on my pages, so I popped some foam tape underneath the die cut to give it some added height.


For my title, I used a wood veneer word from the Colour Me Happy collection as well as the Love Always alphabet stickers. Combining different fonts and textures, as well as using varying heights for the words, helps to adds interest to the title.


I tucked a chipboard frame from the Wild at Heart collection underneath the photo on the right. I love using these not just as frames, but as layering pieces under my photos. To create the cluster to the right of the photos, I added a tag and a die cut flower, both from the Make a Wish ephemera pack, as well as a flair button from the Colour Me Happy collection, and a wood veneer heart from the Love Always collection. I love how beautifully all of these items coordinate with one another!


Up in the top left hand corner of the layout, I added a little bunting die cut from the Endless Summer ephemera pack, which I popped up on some foam tape. I also added two little phrase stickers from the Love Always accessory sticker sheet. You can also see here the die cut scallop that I tucked under the top edge of the paper layers. This is from the Love Always ephemera pack.


To create a diagonal flow to the layout, I created another little cluster in the bottom right hand corner of the page. I used a small strip of the Colour Me Happy Paisley Patch patterned paper, as well as another die cut scallop from the Love Always ephemera pack. I popped an Endless Summer woodie on top, as well as a butterfly from the Love Always vellum accents pack.

I finished the layout off by adding some typed journaling, which I cut into strips.

Thank you so much for joining me on my blog today! I hope that I've inspired you to create a layout using more than one collection!

I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment