Sunday 2 April 2017

Beautiful Tea Cup | Felicity Jane Studio

Hi friends!

Today I'm sharing a layout that I created using the beautiful Felicity Jane March 'Jane' kit!


The gorgeous florals in this kit reminded me of my late mother-in-law's beautiful tea cup, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to document her love of this tea cup. Sadly she's been gone for 8 1/2 years, and I still miss her so much, but I actually quite enjoyed creating this page, because it brought back such happy memories of times spent enjoying cups of tea with her.

I started my layout off by mounting the black & white dot patterned paper onto the black & white burst paper, leaving a small border around the outside. I then added a 4x12 inch strip of the pink geometric patterned paper across the middle of the page.


I created some layers behind my photo using one of the solid colour paper from the kit, and a 3x4 journal card. I then added a flair button and a wood veneer heart to the right of the photo. The wood veneer heart was part of the piece that had a row of hearts, but I cut them off to use individually. Above the photo you can also see that I stamped the word 'Lovely' three times using a stamp from the kit.


The wood shapes in this kit are stunning! I used the word 'beautiful' as part of my title, and then added the words 'tea cup' using FJ tiny dot alphabet stickers. You can also see here that I tucked the little doily from the kit under the bottom edge of the pink patterned paper.


Look at those beautiful roses!! I love them!! I added some foam tape underneath to give them extra dimension. To the left of the roses I added a sticker from the cut apart sheet that says 'pretty'.

I finished the layout off by adding my typed journaling which I cut into strips.

I'm so glad that I finally got around to scrapping a photo of my mother-in-law's tea cup. I think it's so important to document little things like this to remember those we've lost.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my layout!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment