Wednesday 15 February 2017

Shine Bright | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be sharing my first project using the gorgeous new Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Everything about this collection is stunning!! The colours are amazing, with a mixture of both pastels and bolds. And the floral elements are just divine!! I'm totally crushing on it all!!

Here's the layout that I created.


I documented a photo of my eldest daughter taken on Christmas Day last year. Seeing this photo reminds me of how quickly she is growing up! She'll be a teenager this year, which is a bit scary, but I'm so proud of the beautiful young lady that she is becoming. This collection was just perfect for scrapping this lovely photo of her.

I started my layout off by cutting a large title out of my white cardstock using the Colour Me Happy Cut Files. I then backed it with the reverse side of the Luscious patterned paper. I think this may be my favourite patterned paper in the collection, with the beautiful florals on one side and the ombre watercolour pattern on the other! I love the look of this showing through the cut file!

Here are some closeups of my layout...


The florals on the Luscious patterned paper are perfect for fussy cutting! I created a pretty cluster to the left of my photo that includes some fussy cut florals as well as a die cut from the ephemera pack. I added foam tape underneath the flowers to give them varying heights and dimension.


On the bottom right hand corner of the photo, I added a wooden heart from the wood veneer pack with a banner sticker layered on top. I then tucked two flowers from the ephemera pack under the corner of the photo. How pretty are the blues teamed up with the dark pinks/reds!?!


I created a third cluster on the left hand side of the layout to balance out the first two, and to create a visual triangle. Here I used some more flowers from the ephemera pack (I can't get enough of these!!). I once again added foam tape underneath one, to give it some extra dimension. I popped a little die cut banner on top of the flowers to complete the cluster. Underneath this cluster I added a couple of tiny word strips from the sticker sheet. I usually add journaling to most of my layouts, but these were the perfect words and sentiment, so I didn't feel that I needed to add any additional journaling to this page.

I finished the page off by adding a couple more wood veneer hearts, some enamel dots, and a few gold ink splatters.

The Wild at Heart collection will be hitting retailers very soon, so keep your eye out, because you will not want to miss out on this collection!

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today!

Mandy x

1 comment: