Wednesday 1 February 2017

Loveliness | Stuck?! Sketches February 1st Challenge

Hello!

Here we are already a month into 2017! As always, the start of a new month means that it's time for a new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches! Laura has designed the most gorgeous sketch for us to use...

No automatic alt text available.

Here's my take on the sketch...


I documented a couple of photos of my youngest daughter Eleanor with her cousin Phoebe. We don't get to see their family very often because they live in another state, but when they came down recently to visit, the girls had a lovely time playing together.

I used the Simple Stories 'Enchanted' collection on this layout.

Here are some closeups...


The embellishment cluster that I created to the left of the photos includes a couple of stickers from the Enchanted collection, as well as a Felicity Jane flair button. You can also see here the heart that I machine stitched behind the photos. This was in place of the star element on the sketch. I like the subtle detail that this adds.


I tucked a gorgeous Charms Creations DIY cloud underneath the top of the photo on the right hand side. I added a couple more stickers here, including a banner and a heart, to complete the cluster.


I added my title down in the bottom right hand corner of the layout as on the sketch. I used a Pinkfresh Studio foam glitter word sticker. It was the perfect title for this page featuring two sweet girls!

I completed the page by adding some journaling and a sprinkling of star sequins.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the fabulous layouts created by my fellow design team members! We'd love you to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by February 28th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: text

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Mandy!! Love the soft, pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is so darling, love the stitched heart and yellow striped background!

    ReplyDelete