Wednesday 1 February 2017

Forever & Always | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

I'm so thrilled to be sharing my first layout with you as part of the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Design Team!!

With Valentines' Day just around the corner, the design team are going to be sharing some gorgeous 'love' themed projects with you on the Cocoa Vanilla blog over the next couple of weeks. Here's my layout featuring the super beautiful 'Love Always' collection!


I documented a photo of my husband and I on our wedding day nearly 15 years ago! Looking back at photos of our wedding day brings back such happy memories, and I really enjoyed making this page!

The 'Love Always' collection is one of my favourites! I absolutely love the mixture of pastels teamed up with the bolder black and white patterns! And it's so perfect for documenting wedding photos!

I started my layout off by trimming about 1cm off the side of my white cardstock base so that I could add a strip of the Twin Set paper (reverse side) down the left hand side. I matted my photo with the Bouquet patterned paper (reverse side), and then I was ready to start embellishing!

Here are some closeups so that you can see all of the pretty details...


I tucked a frame from the chipboard sticker pack underneath the bottom left hand corner of the photo, as well as a flower that I cut on my Silhouette Cameo using cut files from the Colour Me Happy collection. I backed the flower with the Frolic and Note to Self patterned papers. To complete this cluster I added a vellum ampersand, and a wood veneer heart from the collection.


On the top right hand corner of the photo I added another flower that I cut using the same cut file set. I layered a banner on top that I fussy cut from the Lovely Things patterned paper, and lastly I added a chipboard sticker to the cluster. I love that there are so many gorgeous coordinating embellishments within the collection, which makes it super easy to create beautiful embellishment clusters!


I added one final embellishment cluster to the top right hand corner of the layout. You'll notice that the embellishment clusters are positioned diagonally down the page to help direct the viewer's eye towards the photo. I created a little fishtail banner using the Bouquet patterned paper and then layered the wood veneer banner on top. Lastly I added one of the gorgeous flair buttons from the collection.

I finished my layout off by adding a few little hearts from the die cut pack, as well as a couple of tiny word stickers from the sticker sheet.

If you have wedding photos that are waiting to be scrapped the 'Love Always' collection is absolute must!

Thank you so much for joining me on my blog today and taking a look at my layout!

Mandy x

1 comment: