Wednesday 15 August 2018

Stay a Little Bit Wild | TN Layout | Cocoa Vanilla

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a traveler's notebook layout using the gorgeous Bohemian Dream collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! I've loved seeing what the design team have been sharing this week over on the Cocoa Vanilla blog for our 'Make it Mini' theme! So many cute projects, and lots of amazing inspiration! I decided to scrapbook a photo of my youngest daughter Eleanor when she was just being cute and silly. I love to use my traveler's notebooks to document those little everyday moments!


I started off by covering the left hand side of the spread with the Abstract patterned paper. I love how the bright colours in this paper really help the black and white photo to pop! I also thought that the 'messy' look of this patterned paper would add to the fun and playful feel that I wanted to achieve on this layout.


I matted my photo with one of the patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad. I also layered a die cut frame, and a couple of labels that I cut out of the Boho Bits patterned paper behind the photo to add some more interest. On the bottom right hand corner of the photo I created a little cluster using a floral chipboard sticker, and die cut, as well as the sticker that says 'Shine Bright'. (A little tip, when I use chipboard stickers in my TN inserts, I peel some of the layers of chipboard off the back to make them a little thinner and less bulky).


Next I covered the right hand side of the spread with the Wild & Free patterned paper. This lighter paper provided a nice contrast to the darker one I'd used on the left hand side. For my title, I fussy cut the piece that says 'Stay a little bit Wild' out of the Boho Bits patterned paper. This suited the photo (and my daughter's personality in general) perfectly! I also fussy cut that beautiful butterfly out of the Boho Bits patterned paper, and I adhered it with just a little bit of glue in the middle, so that the wings would lift off the page a little bit.


To finish the layout off, I added a strip across the bottom of the right hand page (once again this was cut out of the Boho Bits patterned paper). I also added a few lines of typed journaling which I cut up into little strips.


I love how this traveler's notebook layout turned out! The Bohemian Dream collection is just so bright and colourful!

Thanks so much for joining me today!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment