Saturday 1 September 2018

Hey! | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

Today I want to share a new layout that I created featuring the awesome Cocoa Vanilla Boys Rule collection. This weekend on the Cocoa Vanilla blog, we are sharing projects that celebrate fatherhood! I decided to document a photo of my hubby with our two eldest kids, taken nearly ten years ago now. He is such an awesome Dad, and I love seeing how much the kids adore him!


I started my layout off with a star wreath cut file by Paige Evans, and I backed each of the open stars in the cut file with patterned papers from the Boys Rule collection. This did take quite awhile to do, but I'm so happy with how it turned out. The patterned papers that I used to back the cut file were...
Entitled (reverse side)
Expressionist (reverse side)
Messed Up (reverse side)
Straight & Narrow (reverse side)

I decided on using the Good Times patterned paper as my background, and I adhered the cut file to the page using foam tape for added dimension.


Next I created some layers behind my photo using the Entitled patterned paper, as well as a die cut frame from the Miscellany pack, and a couple of labels that I cut out of the Boy Stuff patterned paper. I also added a die cut arrow on the left hand side of the photo.


I wrote my journaling onto a lined journaling spot that I cut out of the Boy Stuff patterned paper. I love all of the bits and pieces that you can cut out of this one sheet of paper!


To balance out the photo on the left, I added the chipboard piece that says 'Hey! You're pretty rad' over on the right hand side. I decided on using this as the title for my page, as it suited the photo perfectly.


I finished the layout off with some star stickers (cos you really can't have too many stars right?!), and a couple of little phrase stickers.

Thanks so much for joining me here on the blog today, and I hope that those who are celebrating Father's Day this weekend have a wonderful time with their loved ones.

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment