Thursday 2 August 2018

Dina | Vicki Boutin

Hey friends!

Today I have a bright and fun layout to share with you, featuring Vicki Boutin Color Pop paints, and the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. I also used a gorgeous cut file from JustNick Studio on this page. The photo that I documented is one of myself with the lovely Dina Wakley! I was lucky to attend a class with Dina last weekend, and so of course I had to scrapbook this photo to document the day! 

Here’s a look at my layout… 


I started my layout off by painting the background using the Blue Hawaiian Color Pop paint. I toned down the colour a little bit by mixing white gesso with it. I painted most of the background, but left about an inch around the edge unpainted. Once that was dry I used one of the Vicki Boutin circle stamps, and stamped onto the background using watered down gesso. I also added some white splatters using the gesso. I love how the bright background really helps the cut file to pop off the page! 


I backed the butterflies in the cut file with patterned papers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection. I chose papers in warmer tones so that they would contrast nicely with the aqua background. I also matted the photo with the Pretty Words patterned paper. 


To the right of the photo I created a pretty cluster of embellishments that includes a die cut butterfly, a flower, and leaves. I used foam tape to adhere some of the embellishments to give them extra dimension. 


I added my title using the chipboard Thickers from the collection. 


To finish the layout off I added a couple of fussy cut butterflies, as well as a few watercolour stickers to the page. 


Thanks so much for joining me here today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout!

Supplies Used: 
Foundations Paper 
Gesso 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 3 
Stamps & Dies – Set 3 
Brushes 
Mister Bottles 
Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard 
Cardstock Die Cuts – Icons 
Watercolor Stickers 
Single-Sided Card Pad 7”x10” 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Social Butterfly 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Picked for You 

This will actually be my last project for the Vicki Boutin design team as I've made the difficult decision to step down from the team. Family life is busy at the moment and we have some things coming up that are going to take lots of my time and energy, and I didn't want to commit to another 6 month term on the team if I couldn't give it 100%. I have absolutely LOVED being on this team, and creating with Vicki's gorgeous products! I want to say a huge thank you to Vicki for inviting me to be a part of her very first design team. It has been an absolute pleasure, and I hope that I've been able to inspire all of you as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment