Friday 25 May 2018

Junque Journal | Here | Vicki Boutin

Hi friends! 

Today I have a new junque journal page to share with you for the Vicki Boutin design team! I used a few of the beautiful Color Pop paints, along with some stamping and stencilling, to create this Summery page! I documented a selfie of me with my youngest daughter at the beach… 


This page actually came together very quickly because I already had the painted background ready to go. While I was creating my previous DT layout, I had some excess paint left on my craft mat, so I simply grabbed a page out of my junque journal and ‘kissed’ it onto my mat to pick up the paint. It was that easy! Sometimes unplanned backgrounds work out the best! To add a little bit more interest, I decided to add some stencilling to the background using one of the newer Vicki Boutin stencils, along with an art crayon and a stencil brush. I really love the depth that this adds to the background! 


On this page, I also used some flowers that I had previously stamped onto a leftover piece of cardstock. I had added some mixed media to the cardstock, and then cut a title out of it, and I didn’t want to waste the leftover bit, so this is what I did with it! 


I decided to add my title, journaling, and photo down the centre of the page. The black die cut frame over the photo really helps it to pop! I also clustered some of the flowers around the photo, and I added a water color sticker across the bottom. To complete the photo cluster, I tucked a little bird in behind the larger flower. 


I added my title, using one of the foam Thickers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and then wrote my journaling underneath the title. I finished the page off with a few more of the die cut flowers, and that was it! 


I love how this page turned out with the gorgeous bright colours, and the pops of black! Here's how it looks all finished and in my VB Junque Journal...


If you’d like to watch my process video for this Junque Journal page, you can check it out over on my YouTube channel… 


Supplies Used: 
Junque Journal 
Junque Journal Refills – White Paper 
Gesso 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 1 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 2 
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 3 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Stencils 
Stamps & Dies – Set 2 
Watercolor Brushes 
Paint Brushes 
Stencil Brush Set 
Mister Bottles 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
On the Edge Paper Embellishments 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames 
Watercolor Stickers 


No comments:

Post a Comment