Thursday 15 March 2018

You Have my Heart | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

Today I'm sharing my layout that I created for our 'Scraplift' theme over on the Cocoa Vanilla blog this week. I used the gorgeous 'Bohemian Dream' collection to document a photo of my Mum with my youngest daughter Eleanor, taken on Christmas Day last year. The beautiful shades of pink, purple and blue in this collection were perfect for this photo!


I scraplifted a gorgeous layout created by our former design team member, Missy Whidden. I always love the beautiful colours that Missy uses on her layouts, as well as her use of mixed media and cut files. Here's the layout that I lifted...


It's fabulous isn't it?! You can find Missy's original blog post here. As you can see, I stuck fairly close to the design of Missy's page, and I also used the same collection and the same cut file that she used.

I started my page off by applying some oil pastel art crayons to my background using a stencil brush. I used a pink, a purple and a blue to match the colours in the collection, and I applied it in three areas so that it would peek out from behind the cut file.

Next I backed the cut file with patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad as well as the Beautiful Mess patterned paper, and I adhered it to the page using craft foam to give it some extra dimension.


I added some layers behind my photo using the Dreamer patterned paper (reverse side), as well as one of the 6x6 papers, and a doily from my stash. I also created a little embellishment cluster on the right hand side of the photo that includes a couple of die cuts and a flair button.


I decided to use the die cut tag that says 'You have my heart' as the title for my page. It was the perfect sentiment for this photo! I also adhered a die cut flower next to the tag using foam tape, and I tucked another flair button under the edge of the cut file to the right of the tag. How cute is that little bird?!


A couple more die cut flowers tucked around the out side edge of the cut file added some more detail to the page.


I finished the layout off by adding a few chipboard hearts to the centre of some of the flowers.

Thanks so much for joining me here on my blog today. I hope you've been inspired! Maybe you could try scraplifting Missy's beautiful layout as well!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment