Thursday 1 March 2018

Best Buddies | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hey creative friends!

Today I'm sharing a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio, featuring the lovely Bohemian Dream collection! I'm still swooning over the gorgeous colours in this collection, and it was perfect to document this sweet photo of my youngest two kids...


These two are such great friends... they call each other their 'buddy'! I love how this photo really captures their affection for one another!

I started my layout off by cutting a large title on on my Silhouette Cameo. While my cardstock was still on the cutting mat, I added some mixed media to the background using the packaging technique with some oil pastel art crayons. Once the mixed media was dry, I peeled the cardstock off the mat, and then backed the title with the following patterned papers - Galactic (YOU Rock collection), Abundant (reverse side), and Abstract (reverse side). I also outlined the cut file with a black pen to give it some more definition.


I added some craft foam underneath the photo to raise it up and give it some extra dimension, and then adhered it beneath the title. Under the left hand side of the photo I tucked a floral die cut and some beautiful vellum leaves.


I created another little cluster on the bottom right hand corner of the photo that includes another floral die cut, a flair button, and a vellum butterfly. I also tucked a die cut tab under the right hand side of the photo.


I created one final cluster at the top of the page using a couple more die cuts and vellum leaves from the collection, as well as a sticker from the accessory sticker sheet. Once again, I used foam tape in this cluster to add more dimension to the page.


I finished the layout off with some handwritten journaling, a few enamel hearts, and a couple more vellum butterflies.

Thanks so much for joining me here on the blog today! I'll be back later in the month with another project to share with you!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment