Tuesday 20 March 2018

Shine | Vicki Boutin

Hi everyone! 

Today I'm sharing a new layout for the Vicki Boutin Design Team, featuring some of the beautiful new products that Vicki released at Creativation in January. I had a play with the gorgeous new rose gold glaze, and the fun circle stamp/die set. Using these, as well as a few other Vicki Boutin goodies, I created some lovely circles to feature on my layout! 


Here’s how I created my mixed media circles (there will be a link to my process video at the end of the post, so that you can also watch my process)… 

1) Apply a layer of rose gold glaze to a sheet of the Vicki Boutin foundations paper using a palette knife 
2) Stamp some circles in different sizes on top of the glaze, using black archival ink 
3) Mix some gold glitter with the matte acrylic gel and then apply it randomly to the background using a palette knife 
4) Apply the pink art crayon over the top (I applied it both dry with a stencil brush, as well as wet, using plastic packaging) 
5) Using the circle dies and a manual die cutting machine, cut various sized circles out of the background that you created 


I also cut some circles out of patterned papers from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection to add some more interest. 

Next I decided to add some subtle mixed media to my background, behind where I wanted to position the circles and the photo. So once again I used my art crayons, both wet and dry, to add a little bit of colour to the background. I used the light peach coloured one, as well as the pink, and I love the subtle colour that it adds. Some splatters of black art crayon finished the background off nicely! 


As you can see, I used my sewing machine to add some stitching through some of the circles, and others I adhered using foam tape to give them some added dimension. I really love how these circles turned out! 


I matted my photo with the Pretty Words patterned paper and adhered a cute little chipboard banner to the top right hand corner. I added my title underneath the photo using one of the beautiful gold glitter words from the foam Thickers pack. This worked perfectly with the gold glitter on the cirlces! 


You can see here that I also added a few of the glittery gold hearts on top of some of the circles. I LOVE the beautiful rub-ons in this collection! I used three of the butterflies from the rub-ons pack, as well as some tiny gold stars, and I think they add such a lovely detail to the page. 


I also embellished the page with a couple of the word stickers from the cardstock sticker sheet. Lastly I added a little bit of stamping to the background using the ‘All the Good Things’ roller stamp. 


Thanks so much for joining me today! Here’s a link to my process video if you’d like to check it out… 


Here’s a list of the Vicki Boutin products that I used… 
Foundations Paper 
Gesso 
Acrylic Gel Matte 
Rose Gold Glaze 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Mixology Accents - Gold 
Watercolor Brushes 
Stencil Brush Set 
Stamps & Dies – Set 3 
Roller Phrase Stamp 
Cardstock Stickers 
Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam 
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments 
Rub-ons 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Soul Food 
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Positive Note 



No comments:

Post a Comment