Sunday 11 March 2018

'Create' Junque Journal Spread | Vicki Boutin


Hi there!

Today I'm sharing a couple of pages that I created in my Vicki Boutin Junque Journal! I wanted to show you an easy technique for adding some mixed media onto a busy or darker patterned paper. Here are the supplies that I used…

   
I love that Soul Food patterned paper from the ‘All the Good Thing’ collection, and I thought that it would be perfect for documenting some photos of my girls doing some painting! Because it’s quite colourful and already has a mixed media look to it, I didn’t want to add too much else to it. But I did want to add a little bit of texture, and some white to lift those beautiful colours. So I decided to add some gesso through a stencil to a few places on the background. It was super easy and I love how it looks! I also added a few splatters of watered down gesso to the background. Here are the completed pages that I created…


As I said, I wanted to scrapbook a photo of each of my daughters enjoying some painty fun! It’s something that they love to do when we are home and the weather isn’t great outside. And of course I love to encourage their arty side, even if it does get pretty messy!

On the left hand page I added a photo of my eldest daughter when she was painting some pretty leaves. Behind the photo, I layered some bits and pieces from the die-cut frames pack, including a frame, a journaling spot, and a tag. Next I added the die cut piece that says ‘Create’ on the bottom right hand corner of the photo. It made the perfect title for these pages, and I adhered it using some foam tape, to give it some extra dimension.


 I added the photo of my youngest daughter on the right hand page. Once again, I layered some items from the die-cut frames pack behind the photo. I decided to also add some craft foam underneath this photo, and I love the dimension that that adds. On the bottom right hand corner of the photo I adhered a sticker from the cardstock sticker sheet.


I created a third point of interest by adding a journaling spot at the top of the right hand page. This completes the visual triangle and helps to draw your eye around the pages. Here you can also see some of the nice dimension that was created by applying the gesso through the stencil.


I didn’t want to add anything else to the pages, because I didn’t want to cover up too much of that beautiful background, and I didn’t want to make it too busy. Here’s a look at my completed pages inside my Junque Journal…


Thanks so much for joining me! I hope that you enjoyed this easy technique for adding mixed media to your patterned paper backgrounds! I have a process video for this over on my YouTube channel if you’d like to check it out…



Here’s a list of all of the Vicki Boutin products that I used to create these pages…
Junque Journal
Stencils – All the Good Things
Gesso
Cardstock Stickers
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Soul Food


No comments:

Post a Comment