Monday 19 September 2016

Make a Splash | Stuck?! Sketches September 15th Challenge

Hi there!

The anniversary celebrations are continuing throughout this month over at Stuck?! Sketches! I hope that you're having as much fun as we are! We have THREE awesome sponsors for the September 15th challenge! One of these sponsors is JustNick, and they have very generously allowed some of our design team to have a play with their cut files for our September 15th layouts!! Let me remind you of the sketch that the lovely Laura Whitaker has designed for us...


Here is the layout that I created inspired by this sketch...


I changed the sketch a little to suit my photos... I used one larger horizontal photo in place of the two square photos at the back, and I also flipped the sketch. That's the beauty of a sketch isn't it... it gives you a jumping off point for your design, and then you make it your own!

This layout features photos of my kids enjoying a swim in the pool when we were on holidays earlier this year.

I used patterned papers from a few different Cocoa Vanilla Studio collections... Hello Sunshine, Totally Rad, and Hello Lovely! I love how well they all came together!

Here are some closeups of my layout...


Here you can see the JustNick cut file that I used for my title. It is from the 'Summer Lovin' cut file set and it was just perfect for this layout! I cut it out of patterned paper and then mounted it on foam tape to give it extra dimension.


To the right of my the photos I created a cluster that includes a Charms Creations arrow, a Cocoa Vanilla flair button, and a D-lish Scraps paper flower.


My cluster in the bottom left hand corner includes more Cocoa Vanilla die cuts and stickers, as well as a pretty lace doily.

I finished my layout off with some typed journaling and a few enamel dots.

I hope that you'll play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches blog by September 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:




Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, love the citrusy colours! PS love all of your DLish scrap pages I scrolled troug to get here!

    ReplyDelete