Thursday 22 September 2016

Love this Adventure | D-lish Scraps

Hi friends!

I'm back today to share another layout for D-lish Scraps! This one features a photo of my husband with my three kids on Fathers' Day earlier this month...


This year we decided to go away for the weekend to celebrate Fathers' Day, and wouldn't you know it... everyone came down with the flu just in time for the weekend, and to top it off, the weather was terrible! We still managed to have a nice time together though. On the day we were leaving the sun came out, and so despite everyone not feeling very well, we stopped off for some morning tea at a cafe and a play down at the beach. The beach was so beautiful and it made for some lovely photos for Fathers' Day that I of course needed to scrap right away!

I wanted a light and airy feel for this layout. I also went for a minimalist approach, which I think is sometimes harder because I keep wanting to add just one more thing!

The patterned paper that I used is from Felicity Jane Studio.

Here are some closeups...


Behind the top left hand corner of the photo I added a wood veneer scalloped frame that came in the  August special release Just Add Paper kit. To the left of the photo I added a white magnolia (my new favourite!) and a Kaisercraft Paper Bloom from the 'Sea Breeze' pack.


To create my title 'Love this Adventure', I used a a phrase from the black minifetti sheet along with a Felicity Jane cut file. Underneath my title I added a flair button from the 'Wood Veneer Words' set.


Up in the top right hand corner of the layout I created a little cluster that includes a journal spot, a white pastel petal, and a wood veneer heart (also from the August special release kit). I finished this cluster off with an enamel dot, which added a little pop of the blue to this corner.

Even though this was a fairly simple layout with minimal embellishments, I was still able to include quite a few of my favourite D-lish goodies!

Thanks for joining me on my blog today! I'll be back tomorrow with my very last share for D-lish Scraps!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. The beach is always a beautiful place in my opinion... the photo looks lovely and the layout is beautiful too..

    ReplyDelete