Friday 23 September 2016

Family | D-lish Scraps

Hello friends!

I'm back today to share my very last design team project for D-lish Scraps. I'd like to say a very big thank you to Amanda for having me on her design team over the past year! It has been an honour to design for such an awesome shop and alongside such talented ladies!

So here is my final D-lish Scraps layout...


I created this layout for Sonia's September Cybercrop challenge in The Scrap Suite...


From the recipe list I included:
C - Circle (flair button)
R - Resin / A - Animal (resin bird)
P - Paper Flowers

The photo that I scrapped is a selfie that we took on a recent family picnic. We don't have many photos of all 5 of us together, so I knew wanted to scrap this one straight away! Even though it's not the most well composed photo, I think it's pretty special and I love it! When I finished this layout off, I decided to put it into a frame to display in our home rather than tuck it away in an album!

The design of this layout is one that I've used before, but when something works for you, why not do it again, right?! The patterned papers that I used are from the August Felicity Jane kit.

Let's take a look at some closeups...


On the bottom left hand corner of my photo, I created a pretty cluster that includes a gorgeous magnolia, a white cherry blossom, a hydrangea petal, and a Charms Creations heart finished off with an arrow word tab. You can also see here the lovely lace doily that I layered behind my photo.


Under the right hand side of my photo, I tucked a manilla shipping tag finished off with some cotton twine. I also added a flair button (from the Washi Hearts Set A) and another hydrangea petal to create a little cluster. You'll notice that I popped an enamel dot in the centre of each of the hydrangea petals... I like how this finishes them off!


I added my title to the bottom right hand corner of my layout. I used one of the Corbett Creations wood veneer words, which I absolutely LOVE!! To finish off the title area I added another hydrangea petal and a pretty resin bird.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my D-lish layouts over the past few days! Thank you to those lovely people who leave comments as well - I always love reading them!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment