Friday 15 July 2016

These are Good Times | Stuck?! Sketches July 15th DT Layout

Hi Scrappy Friends!!

What's the weather like in your part of the world today? Here in Australia we're in the middle of winter and it has been so cold today!! It's a good excuse to stay inside and scrap though!!

If you're looking for some fresh scrappy inspiration, you can't go past the new challenge at Stuck?! Sketches! Here's the sketch that the lovely Laura Whitaker has designed for us...


Here's my take on the sketch...


I love this selfie that my daughter took while we were on a picnic recently! The funny thing is that I tried to take it about ten times, and kept cutting someone's head out of the photo, so my daughter took my phone and got this great shot first go!

The Cocoa Vanilla Studio Colour Me Happy patterned papers were perfect for this layout... I love the gorgeous bright colours in this range!

Here are some closeups of my layout..


On the top left hand corner of my photo I added a Charms Creations DIY cloud. I love these... They are so cute, and are perfect for altering with inks/paints, but they also look great as is! On top of the cloud I've added a couple of roses from D-lish Scraps, and to the left of the photo there's a Cocoa Vanilla woodie from the Hello Sunshine collection.


Here you can see all the layers behind my photo. How pretty are all these colours together?! On the bottom of the photo I added a wood veneer word from Flutterby Designs.


Lots of pretty embellies here... A mixture of Cocoa Vanilla Studio and D-lish Scraps!

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll head on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created! We would love YOU to play along with us by creating a layout based on this sketch! Link up your layouts on the Stuck?! Sketches?! blog by July 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors:



We will also be choosing a scrapbooker from each of our challenges to be a guest designer with us at a later date!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well - it is always very much appreciated!

Mandy

2 comments: