Thursday 21 July 2016

Lovely | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hi friends!

I'm up on the D-lish Scraps blog today sharing the first of my July projects. I've played along with the beautiful Inspiration Board challenge for July! Here's the layout that I created...


And here's a reminder of the July 'Rustic Charm' Inspiration Board...


As soon as I saw this board, I knew what photo I was going to scrap! The gorgeous colours and images reminded me of my sister-in-law's wedding a few years ago, so I chose a photo of my daughter who was a junior bridesmaid at the wedding. I didn't use the optional sketch, but I was super inspired by the colours, the wedding images, and the tassel ear-rings.

I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe to cut the rows of hearts, and then raided my paper stash for any patterned papers in these rustic colours to back the cut file. The papers that I chose are a combination of Pink Paislee, Cocoa Vanilla Studio, and Crate Paper.

I purchased the Just Add Paper kit again this month! I just can't go past them... They are such great value and I always love the exclusive bits and pieces that come in the kits! I decided to challenge myself to use only items from the kit to embellish this page, just to see how much I could get out of it. I managed to do this easily, with enough embellishments left over to create one or two more layouts! The only thing that I added to my page that wasn't in the kit are some D-lish enamel dots.

Here are some closeups so that you can see all of the details...


I created a little cluster on the top right hand corner of my photo using a white cherry blossom, a small peach rose, and a flair button. I also attached the mini peg that came on the kit packaging to the top of photo.


How gorgeous is this wood veneer string heart that came in the kit! I knew that I had to use this on my layout! I clustered it with the lace pearl, another cherry blossom, and the suede tassel, all from the kit. I think I have a bit of an obsession with tassels at the moment because they just seem to keep finding their way onto my layouts! Have you seen the new pastel suede tassels that were added to the store recently? Go check them out, they are gorgeous!!


Another one of my favourite items in the kit this month were the layered die-cuts! I popped one of them here on the bottom of my photo! I also used the journal card from the kit to add my journalling.


To balance out the page, I added the other layered die-cut to the bottom left hand corner of the layout and finished it off with another small peach rose. Lastly, I added my title to the layout.

If you love all of the items in this kit as much as I do, why don't you pop on over to the D-lish Scraps store to purchase your own kit before they sell out!

I hope that I've inspired you to play along with our Inspiration Board challenge this month! Link up your layouts over on the D-lish Scraps blog by the end of the month to be in the running to win a prize!

I'll be back tomorrow with another one of my D-lish Scraps layouts to share with you.

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is oh so beautiful.. love the cut out hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo and all the hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the hearts! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete