Friday 1 July 2016

Summer | Scrap the Girls July Design Team Layout

Hello scrappy friends!

The start of a new month means that it's time for some fresh inspiration from all of our favourite scrappy challenges sites! Today I'm sharing the July challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month we have a sketch to inspire you, designed by Kristine Davidson...


Here's my take on the sketch...


This was a bit of a different design for me, but I really enjoyed the challenge! I decided to stick fairly close to the sketch, just adding a few more embellishments.

I took this selfie of me with my baby girl at the beach last Summer. And the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Hello Sunshine collection was just perfect for documenting this photo!

Here are some closeups of my layout...


Here you can see all of the layers behind my photo. As I quite often do, I popped some foam tape behind my photo to give it extra dimension. The gorgeous die-cut flowers and the word 'summer' are all from the Hello Sunshine ephemera pack.


Under the top right hand corner of my photo I tucked a Charms Creations DIY cloud. These are awesome because they can be altered by adding inks to them, or they also look great left as is! I also popped a Cocoa Vanilla flair button on the corner of the photo.


I used the same patterned papers in this cluster that I used for the layering behind my photo, and then added one of the cards from the cut-apart sheet on top. It was the perfect phrase for my page!


Along the bottom of my page I added strips of the same patterned papers again, and created a little cluster using a sticker, a die-cut and a woodie from the Hello Sunshine collection.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Scrap the Girls blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created inspired by this sketch! And this month we'll also have some inspiration from a super talented guest designer!

I hope that you'll play along with us this month! Link up your layouts on the Scrap the Girls blog by July 31st to have a chance of winning a $25 voucher from our very generous sponsor Scrapbook Boutique!

Thanks for visiting and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who leave a lovely comment as well! I'll be back later today with my design team layout for Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy

1 comment: