Monday 1 February 2016

Happy | Scrap the Girls February Design Team Layout

Hi there!

Not sure where January disappeared to, but here we are in February already!! The start of a new month means that it's time for some new scrappy challenges to be inspired by! The first one that I'm going to share with you is the stunning mood board challenge over at Scrap the Girls...


Amazing, right??! Love this colour combo! Here's my layout inspired by this mood board...


I added a bit of yellow to the mix, but yellow is pretty much gold right?! I just love this photo I snapped of my daughter with my Mum at my Dad's 60th birthday last year, and it was perfect for this black and gold mood board!

I've used patterned papers from the Maggie Holmes Shine collection... This is definitely one of my fave collections right now!

Here are some closeups of my layout so that you can see all the details...


I really love how the stencilling turned out on this layout. I used gold Faber-Castell Texture Luxe with a TCW stencil. To the left of the photo I created a little flower cluster using some gorgeous flowers from D-lish Scraps.


Absolutely loving these glittery gold Thickers!!! I mounted the word up with some foam tape for some added dimension.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Scrap the Girls blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created! We would love you to join us this month by creating your own layout inspired by this mood board! Link up your layouts on the Scrap the Girls blog by February 29th to be in the running to win a prize from one of our very generous sponsors!

Thank you for taking the time to visit and for your lovely comments also! I will be back later today with my design team layout for Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous!! Loving the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this especially the gold texture in the background and yellow and black are my fave combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a gorgeous mood board and your layout is so beautiful.. love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete