Thursday 14 January 2016

Escape | CSI Guest Designer Layout

Hi there!

This month D-lish Scraps is sponsoring the CSI challenges and our design team were invited to play along with one or more of their challenges as guest designers. I chose to play along with Case File No. 188, which looks like this...


If you haven't played along with the CSI challenges before, the idea is that you have to use all 5 colours, choose at least 3 items from the evidence list, choose at least 1 item from the testimony list, and for this case there is also a sketch to use as inspiration! So here is the layout that I created...

"Escape"


I had a lot of fun creating this layout! From the evidence list I used an animal (bird), a cloud and a sun (on my patterned paper), and wire. For the testimony I chose to use song lyrics as part of  my journalling... I used a line from the Beach Boys song Kokomo... "That's where you wanna go to get away from it all". I also used the sketch as inspiration, however instead of the two photo strips I used two photos.

Here are some closeups of my layout...






Here is a list of all of the gorgeous D-lish Scraps embellishments that I used on my layout...

If you'd like to play along with this challenge, you have until January 22nd to link up your layout.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who take the time to leave a comment as well!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and how you framed the photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much, Mandy! So delighted to have you guesting at CSI!

    ReplyDelete