Monday 21 December 2015

New Pool | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hi there!

Today I'm up on the D-lish Scraps blog sharing my take on one of December Cybercrop challenges in The Scrap Suite!

My layout features a cute photo of my youngest daughter Eleanor on her 1st birthday, taking a dip in her new pool...

"New Pool"


My layout is based on the Cybercrop challenge that Sue has set for us this month...


I was inspired by the explosion of colours in the image and I tried to mimic this on my layout. I also used similar colours from the image, and  I used the word 'new' in my title.

To create my background I started off by adding watered down pink Distress Ink using the "packaging technique" to create a watercolour effect. I then used some punchinella as a stencil and applied yellow distress ink through it as well as some modelling paste. Next I used some bubble wrap (which was used to package one of my D-lish orders) as a stamp. I simply rubbed some blue ink onto the bubble wrap and stamped it down. I finished my background off by stamping with some black ink and adding some black ink splatters.

Once my background was dry, I was ready to start building some paper layers as a base for my photo. I tucked some light pink hand dyed muslin under the paper layers to add some extra texture to the background. On top of my photo I've added a circle of hot pink coloured wire to draw the viewers attention in. This was the first time I've used the coloured wire and I found that it was very easy to manipulate into the shape that you want. I simply wrapped it around a bowl and it was ready to go!

Here are a couple of closeups of my layout so that you can see all the D-lish pretties that I've used...


There are lots of gorgeous flowers and embellishments in this main cluster! I started off with a white wild rose (one of my faves at the moment!), and then added a large hot pink rose, a blue gardenia, and a white pastel petal. To finish the cluster off I added a flair from the Newsprint Butterflies set, and a yellow sequin bow (also one of faves!). You can also see here two of the phrases from the minifetti sheets... I've added a few of these to my layout in blue, yellow and pink. These are one of my go-to items in my stash of D-lish goodies and usually find their way onto most of my layouts! 


Up on the top right hand corner of my photo I've added a flair from the Superhero set as well as another hot pink rose. As well as using the punchinella as a stencil, you can also see here that I tucked some under the top right hand corner of my layers! This stuff is awesome for adding texture to your projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my layout! If you're not yet a member of our Facebook group The Scrap Suite, we'd love you to join us! There's always lots of inspiration and fun challenges happening!

I'll be back tomorrow with another share for D-lish. Until then, happy scrapping (or last minute Christmas shopping if you're anything like me!)

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING how you have the colors coordinated with the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete