Tuesday 1 December 2015

Baby's First Christmas | Scrap the Girls December DT Layout

Hi there!

Well, December is here, and you know what that means... only a few more weeks till Christmas!!! (Eeeek, I'd really better start getting organised!!) But the start of a new month also means new scrappy challenges, and I've got a couple of great ones to share with you today that I'm sure will get you feeling inspired!! First up is a gorgeous mood board challenge at Scrap the Girls...


For some reason I very rarely scrap Christmas photos throughout the year, but with Christmas just around the corner I was in the mood to scrap a Christmas themed layout, and I think that the colours in this mood board really lend themselves to Christmas colours... So that's the direction that I went in with this layout! I scrapped a photo of my baby girl from last Christmas...

"Baby's First Christmas"


I LOVE that background paper!!! It's from the Pinkfresh Studio's Christmas Wishes collection. It's so pretty and the design of it made it so easy to put this layout together!

Here are some closeups of my layout so that you can see all the details...


I used my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file from the Design Store to cut the Christmas baubles. To the one on the left of my photo, I added a gold die cut circle and a gorgeous red sequin bow from D-lish Scraps.


I used another cut file from the design store to create my title. Using the offset function, I backed the title with white cardstock to make it stand out a little more and also to give it some extra stability so that I could mount it up with foam tape. I love the dimension that this adds to the layout!


Under my photo I added a word strip from D-lish Scraps, and to the right of my photo I added a flair and a flower (both from D-lish), and a die cut star from Pinkfresh Studios. You can also see here that I tucked some punchinella under the top of my photo... I really love the texture that this adds! To the top right hand corner of my layout I've added two more pretty Christmas baubles.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Scrap the Girls blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created inspired by this mood board! I hope that you will be able to find some creative time in the busy leadup to Christmas, and that you might join us at Scrap the Girls by creating a layout inspired by our mood board! Link it up on the Scrap the Girls blog by December 31st to be in the running to win a prize from our sponsor 2Crafty Chipoard!

Thank you for taking the time to visit and for your lovely comments also! I will be back later today with my design team reveal for Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo and the ornaments!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Such a cute photo and love those colours too!

    ReplyDelete