Wednesday 23 December 2015

Joy | D-lish Scraps Design Team Layout

Hi everyone!

I'm back with my final D-lish Scraps share for the month! As Christmas is now only 2 days away, I wanted to share a Christmas themed layout with you!

My layout features a super fun photo of my eldest two kids having an absolute ball while we decorated our Christmas tree this year. I absolutely love the joy on their faces. So here is my layout...

"Joy"


I purchased the Christmas Mini Kit that went on sale at the end of last month and used lots of the items from the kit on this layout. (This kit has unfortunately now sold out.) I love the turquoise and red colour combo for a modern twist on the Christmas colours!

I started my layout off by adhering a strip of patterned paper across the top of my white cardstock. Where the patterned paper meets the cardstock I have done some stamping, and then I added a thin strip of punchinella over the join. I'm seriously loving this stuff, and I've just ordered it in 3 more colours!! It also goes a long way - I'm still using up the piece of white punchinella that came in the 'After Five' JAP kit last month as I tend to use small pieces of it here and there.

Let's take a look at a few closeups...


There were so many awesome wood veneer pieces in the mini kit! I used the 'Christmas 2015' wood veneer frame over the top of my photo and then mounted the photo up with foam tape for some added dimension. Behind the photo I've layered a couple of the journal cards that came in the kit, along with a diagonal stripe bitty bag. To the left of my photo I've added a flair button and a phrase from the Christmas minifetti sheet that came in the kit on top of a felt star from my stash.


Along the bottom of my layout I've added a strip of washi tape. Then in the bottom right hand corner of my layout I've created a little cluster that includes another small strip of punchinella, a couple of die cuts from the mini kit, and a Freckled Fawn glitter star chipboard sticker.


To the right of my photo I've added lots of pretty D-lish goodies including another flair button, a beautiful red sequin bow, some more phrases from the Christmas minifetti sheet, and some more of the glitter chipboard stars. I used the wood veneer word 'Joy' as the title for my layout... I thought that it was the perfect word to describe my photo! I finished my layout off by adding a scattering of red stars by applying some red distress ink through the Scrap FX Star Confetti stencil.

Well, that's the last of my D-lish Scraps projects for this month! Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope that you have enjoyed looking at my D-lish layouts over the past few days! I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very blessed Christmas!

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the stars and the wood bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete