Friday 1 February 2019

Love You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm back to share a new layout that I created, featuring the Cocoa Vanilla Midnight collection! I documented a photo of my hubby and I on this layout. It's not very often that we get a photo of the two of us together, probably because one of us is always behind the camera, but our daughter took this one on Christmas day, and I love it!


I started my layout off by trimming down my white cardstock background and matting it on the Inspired patterned paper. This gave it a nice subtle border and also introduced the colour scheme that I wanted to use on this page.


Next I cut out the words 'Love You' using my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file by Paige Evans. I backed the cut file using patterned papers from the 6x8 paper pad, and then adhered it using small pieces of foam tape for added dimension.


I layered two frames over my photo, one from the die cut ephemera pack, and the other from the chipboard accents. This helps to draw the viewer's eye to the photo. I also tucked a die cut flower under the right hand side of the photo, and I added a sub-title on the bottom right hand corner using one of the die cut titles.


I think I may need an endless supply of the gorgeous Bloom & Grow patterned paper, because I seem to be addicted to fussy cutting it! Once again, I've fussy cut a couple of the lovely floral clusters to embellish my layout. I added one in the bottom left hand corner and the other in the top right hand corner. This helps to give the layout a diagonal flow.


I finished the layout off with a few little heart stickers and some little word stickers, and lastly I added some typed journaling to the page.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I look forward to sharing some more inspiration with you later this month.

Mandy x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry, I leave my message as a comment because I didn't find contact form on your blog, hoping you'll see it soon.
    Please answer directly to my email address elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr).

    Hello Mandy !
    I'm writting an article for the issue 79 of the french magazine called "Passion scrapbooking".
    The subject is insects.
    I wish to show your creation (seen here : http://mandymelville.blogspot.com/2016/10/spider-world-off-rails-scrapbooking.html) within this article.
    Would you agree with that ?
    If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible a high resolution photo of it ?
    Of course, your name or pen name if you want will appear next to the image, and the address of your blog will be in the address book.
    Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if it is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper very soon).
    Best Regards, Elise AMANN

    ReplyDelete