Saturday 28 April 2018

Dream it, Wish it, Do it | Vicki Boutin

Hello everyone!

Today I’m sharing a new layout for the Vicki Boutin design team, featuring the ‘All the Good Things’ collection and a cut file from JustNick Studio that I coloured using the art crayons. The colours that I used on this page are a bit different for me. Orange and brown are not my usual go-to colours, but the natural earthy colours were perfect for documenting this photo of my kids taken when we went on a family picnic to a local bush reserve. Here’s the completed layout… 


The JustNick cut file that I used on this layout is called ‘Autumn Ring’. After I cut it on my Cameo, I left it stuck to my cutting mat, so that it would stay nice and flat while I added some mixed media to it. I used the art crayons with water and applied the colour to the cut file using plastic packaging. This gave it a nice watercolour effect, but once it dried the colours weren’t quite as vibrant as I wanted. So I added some more colour using the art crayons dry with a stencil brush. This gave the colours some more depth, which was what I was looking for. Once I was finished with the cut file, I used my sewing machine to stitch it to the page. I also added some splatters to the background, once again using the art crayons mixed with water. 


I matted my photo with one of the patterned papers from the 7x10 inch paper pad, and I also added some craft foam underneath it to give it some more dimension. I embellished around the photo using die cuts from the ‘All the Good Things’ collection, and I used the die cut piece that says ‘Dream it, Wish it, Do it’ as the title for my layout. 


Underneath the bottom edge of the photo I tucked a die cut journaling spot, and I added a couple of strips of typed journaling to it. 


I created a smaller cluster in the bottom left hand corner of the page to balance out the photo cluster in the upper right. I added a couple of die cuts from the collection to this cluster, as well as a cardstock sticker. 


I finished the layout off with some of the enamel dots from the self-adhesive finishing embellishments pack, as well as a few little watercolour stickers. 


Thanks so much for joining me today! Here’s a link to my process video, if you’d like to see how this layout came together… 


Supplies Used: 
Single-Sided Card Pad 7”x10” 
Gesso 
Art Crayons #1 – Warm 
Art Crayons #2 – Cool 
Art Crayons #3 – Neutral 
Watercolor Brushes 
Stencil Brush Set 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons 
Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames 
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments 
Watercolor Stickers 


No comments:

Post a Comment