Wednesday 1 June 2016

You are my Sunshine | Scrap the Girls June Design Team Layout

Hello Scrappy friends!

Can you believe that we are in June already?? The months just seem to roll by so quickly!! But the up side is that the start of a new month brings lots of new scrappy challenges and inspiration! Over at Scrap the Girls this month we have a gorgeous mood board designed by our very own Rikki Graziani...


I took inspiration from the colours (particularly the yellow) and the word 'sunshine'! Here's my layout...

"You are my Sunshine"


I can't believe how grown up my gorgeous girl looks in this photo! Only one more year until she'll be a teenager! Although I do wish that she wouldn't grow up so quickly, I am enjoying watching her blossom into this kind, loving and mature young lady. And that smile of hers makes my heart so happy!

I've used patterned papers from a few different ranges on my layout... Amy Tangerine Better Together, Maggie Holmes Bloom, and Paige Evans Fancy Free! I love how well these all co-ordinated!

My layout also features a GORGEOUS butterfly cut file from The Cut Shoppe!

Here are some closeups, so that you can see all the details...
 

I backed the cut file with patterned paper and added foam tape to the back to give it extra dimension.


As I quite often do, I used two different styles of font for my title. The aqua Thickers are from the Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine collection and the yellow Thickers are from the Maggie Holmes Bloom collection. I created a little cluster underneath my title using a couple of flowers and a cute little American Crafts tassle.


Here you can see one of the flowers that I fussy cut from the Maggie Holmes patterned papers. How pretty are they?! I finished the layout off with a few puffy stickers and some journaling.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Scrap the Girls blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created inspired by this mood board! We also have some new talented designers joining our team! They were announced this morning on the blog, so head on over there to meet the new team members!

I hope that you'll play along with us this month! Link up your layouts on the Scrap the Girls blog by June 30th to have a chance of winning a prize from our very generous sponsor D-lish Scraps!

Thanks for visiting and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who leave a lovely comment as well! I will be back later today with my design team layout for Stuck?! Sketches!

Mandy

1 comment: