Saturday 1 June 2019

Sweet Summer Days | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hey everyone!

This week on the Cocoa Vanilla blog, the design team are sharing projects inspired by either summer or winter. The weather in my part of the world has turned very chilly this week as we head into winter, so I decided to scrap a photo from last summer to remember those lovely warm days spent at the beach. I dug deep into my stash for this layout, and decided to use the gorgeous Hello Sunshine collection, which was one of the earliest collections that Zoe created. I still love the bright vibrant colours in this collection, and it was the perfect collection to pair with this photo of my hubby and eldest daughter at the beach.


As I've had this collection in my stash for quite awhile, I'm getting a little low on the patterned papers. So I decided to grab out some papers from the Endless Summer collection as well, and I think that the two collections work great together! I started my layout off by trimming down my white cardstock background and matting it on the Coastal Chill patterned paper from the Endless Summer collection. I also added some machine stitching around the edge of the page to give it some additional texture and interest.


Next I added a little sunburst to my background using yellow ink with a stencil. I then matted my photo with the reverse side of the Sweet Treats patterned paper and positioned it on the page so that the sunburst looks like its peeking out from behind the photo. I also fussy cut some of the gorgeous floral clusters out of the Full Bloom patterned paper and tucked them around the photo. To give the flowers some extra detail, I added a couple of buttons from the Fancy Buttons pack to the centre of the flowers.


For my title I decided to use one of the pieces from the Summer Hits cut apart sheet. I adhered this with foam tape to give it some extra dimension. I also added a wooden button from the Endless Summer collection to the left of the title.


On the top right hand corner of the photo I created a little cluster that includes a banner sticker, an anchor die cut, and a bitty bloom from the Wild at Heart collection. I also fussy cut a couple of clouds out of the Endless Summer Blue Skies patterned paper to embellish the page, and added a couple of wood veneer pieces from the same collection. To finish the layout off I added some yellow ink splatters around the page.


Thanks so much for joining me here today. I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my summer themed layout. Make sure you head over to the Cocoa Vanilla blog this week to see what the other design team members have created for this theme.

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment