Saturday 15 June 2019

Awesome Adventure | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hey friends!

Today I'm sharing a new layout featuring a combination of all of my favourite Cocoa Vanilla Studio boy collections! I wanted to document some photos that I had of my son and his friend, taken when they went to Treetop Adventure Park in the last school holidays. I knew that I'd be able to use one of the awesome masculine themed collections from Cocoa Vanilla to scrapbook these photos, and so I pulled out Boys Rule, You Rock, and Totally Rad. I was so happy to find that there were papers and embellishments from all three collections that worked well with these photos, and they all coordinated perfectly with each other as well!


I often only use one or two photos on a layout, but in this case I felt that using more photos would tell the story better, so I printed four photos at 3x4 inches, and arranged them down the page. I decided on using the Boys Rule Messed Up patterned paper as my background, as I love the messy mixed media look that it gives to the layout. I matted two of the photos with patterned papers, one with the Totally Rad Line Up paper, and the other with the Boys Rule Straight & Narrow paper. I love how the pop of colour behind those two photos helps them to really stand out. I also tucked a couple of chipboard frames from the You Rock collection behind the photos.


I created my title 'Awesome Adventure', using a Boys Rule die cut piece combined with a sticker from the Totally Rad collection. I always love extra dimension on my projects, so I popped the die cut word up with some foam tape.


I created a little cluster of embellishments to the right of the photos that includes a die cut star from the Boys Rule collection, a You Rock wood veneer arrow, a sticker from the Totally Rad accessory stickers, as well as one of the Totally Rad woodies. How awesome do all of these embellishments from the three different collections work together?!


To balance out the title and embellishments to the right of the photos, I created a second cluster over on the left. This one includes die cuts from the Boys Rule collection, a wood veneer camera and a sticker from the You Rock collection, and a flair button and woodie from the Totally Rad collection.


I added my typed journaling strips to the right of the bottom photo, and above that I added a Boys Rule die cut piece, which helps to direct the viewer's eye down towards the journaling.


I finished the layout off by adding a few little word stickers from the You Rock accessory sticker sheet around the page.

Thanks so much for joining me here today!

Mandy x

3 comments: