Monday 15 October 2018

You + Me | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

I'm so excited to be sharing my first layout using the beautiful new Midnight collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio! I absolutely adore the gorgeous colours in this collection, and the pretty florals! It will be perfect for documenting photos of my girls, but for my first project using this collection, I decided on scrapbooking a photo from our wedding day 16 years ago!


I used the reverse side of the Moonlight patterned paper as my background. I love the beautiful scripty font on this paper, and I think it looks so pretty as a background! I also added a strip of the Bloom & Grow floral patterned paper down the left hand side of the page. I think that has to be my favourite paper in the collection!!


I matted my photo with one of the papers from the 6x8 paper pad, and I also layered a chipboard frame under the left hand side. I created a pretty cluster of embellishments above the photo that includes both chipboard and die cut flowers, as well as a flair button. I overlapped the embellishments onto the photo as there was some white space at the top of the photo.


Under the bottom edge of the photo I tucked a die cut label and I added a little word sticker along the bottom of the photo as well. You can also see here the dimension that was achieved by adhering the photo with foam tape. I love the shadow that it creates!


I added my title in the top right hand corner of the layout using one of the cardstock titles. How awesome are these!? They make adding a title to your project, so easy! Underneath the title I adhered another chipboard frame, and I completed the cluster with a pretty butterfly sticker.


I created a third cluster of embellishments at the bottom of the page, which completes the visual triangle, helping to direct the viewer's eye around the page. This one includes the other half of the chipboard frame that I used at the top of the page, as well as die cut flowers and leaves, a little chipboard banner, and another butterfly sticker.


I love how this layout turned out with the soft colours, the beautiful florals, and the pretty little details. I hope that you enjoyed taking a look! The Midnight collection is now hitting retailer's shelves, so make sure you keep your eye out so that you can snap it up for yourself!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment