Monday 22 January 2018

Happy Girl | Vicki Boutin

Hi friends!

I’m excited to be back sharing another layout for the Vicki Boutin design team using her fabulous mixed media products and the gorgeous ‘All the Good Things’ collection! On this layout, I wanted to have a play with the beautiful VB acrylic paints, and I experimented with different techniques for applying it to my cardstock!


Because I wanted to add lots of mixed media to my background, I started off with a sheet of the mixed media cardstock from the VB Foundations Paper Pad. This cardstock is fantastic for mixed media layouts! I then started adding layers of paint to the cardstock, using various techniques. Here are the steps that I used…

1. I watered down the pink paint a little and then applied it to the cardstock using some plastic packaging to ‘smoosh’ it on;
2. Next I watered down the yellow paint and dripped it onto the page;
3. I applied the red paint over the top of the other colours using a VB stencil and the blending sponge;
4. I splattered the pink and the red paint onto the background using a small paint brush;
5. I stamped a flower in three places on the background using black ink.

I had so much fun creating this background, and I love how it turned out!


I added some layers underneath my photo using the ‘Pretty Words’ patterned paper, as well as a couple of the frames from the Die-Cut Frames pack. This adds some nice interest and a pop of colour behind the photo.


To create my title, I combined one of the beautiful gold glitter foam words with the lovely chipboard alphabet Thickers. I added some foam tape underneath the word ‘happy’ to lift it up and give it some extra dimension. I love the wow factor that the gold glitter Thickers add to the page!


I embellished the layout with some of the Die-Cut Icons from the collection and I finished it off with a few black enamel dots.


Thanks so much for joining me today! If you’d like to see how I created this page, you can check out my process video over on my YouTube channel…


Here’s a complete list of all of the products that I used to create this page…
Foundations Paper
Color Pop Acrylic Paint – Set 1
Stencils – All the Good Things
Stamps & Dies – Set 1
Watercolor Brushes
Mister Bottles
Blending Sponge
Vicki Boutin Thickers – Alpha/B&W Chipboard
Vicki Boutin Thickers – Phrase/Glitter Foam
Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts – Icons
Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts – Frames
Self-Adhesive Finishing Embellishments
Double-sided Patterned Paper – Pretty Words

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment