Friday 1 September 2017

Sweet Eliza | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing my latest Cocoa Vanilla design team layout with you! This time I used the beautiful Love Always collection to document a photo of my beautiful little niece. I adore the pretty pastel colours in this collection, and I think it's perfect for scrapbooking baby photos!

Here's my layout...


How sweet is my little niece, Eliza?!! I love being an auntie, and I just adore her so much!!

I wanted this layout to feature a minimalist design, and let me tell you, it was so hard to not add more things to the page! Sometimes I think a minimalist design is harder to achieve than a layout with more on it because you have to be more deliberate about what you add to the page. But I'm so happy with how it turned out, and the soft pinks and greys in the Love Always collection were so perfect for this layout!

The first thing I did was matt my white cardstock background with the reverse side of the Lovely Things patterned paper. I also added some machine stitching around the edge of the white cardstock which adds some subtle texture to the page.


Because I was keeping the embellishing to a minimum on this page, I wanted to add lots of layers behind my photo to create some extra interest. Included in the layers are a couple of patterned papers from the collection, including Note to Self and Frolic (reverse side), as well as a doily from my stash, a scallop die cut from the ephemera pack and a film strip die cut from the Wild at Heart ephemera. I also added some foam tape behind my photo to lift it up off the page and give it some extra dimension.


I tucked a wood veneer flower underneath the left hand side of the photo. I absolutely LOVE the wood veneer pieces in this collection - they're so beautiful!! I also popped a chipboard sticker on top of the left hand side of the photo. How pretty is the scripty font on that sticker?!


I created my title using a wood veneer word combined with the Love Always Alphabet Stickers. I love how soft and pretty these alphas are!

I finished my layout off by adding a couple of die cut hearts to the page, as well as a bitty bloom. And lastly I added a few grey ink splatters.

Thank you so much for joining me on my blog today!

I also have a process video for this layout if you'd like to see how it came together.


Mandy x

1 comment: