Saturday 15 July 2017

Summer | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi friends!

This week on the Cocoa Vanilla blog the design team are sharing some gorgeous 'summer' themed projects with you! Here's my layout featuring the beautiful 'Endless Summer' collection!


I documented a super cute photo of my youngest daughter and my nephew, taken last summer when they were enjoying an ice cream together. These two are so adorable, and they love each other so much! Of course I take every opportunity I can to snap photos of them together!

I used one of the FREE summer cut files that are available to download from the Cocoa Vanilla store!


How awesome are these?! I decided to use the word 'summer', and I resized it to create a large title for my layout. I cut it out of my white cardstock background using my Cameo, and then I backed it with the sunbleached patterned paper. I love the wow factor that a large title like this makes on a layout!


I matted my photo with the reverse side of the sweet treats patterned paper, and then I popped some foam tape underneath the photo to give it some extra dimension. I love fussy cutting floral patterned papers, and the Aloha Sunshine paper is just perfect for this! I fussy cut two large floral clusters and tucked one under each side of the photo. I love how this looks with the flowers coming out from behind the photo! Up in the top right hand corner of the layout I added a couple of die cuts from the collection, as well as a cute little woodie button.


On the bottom left hand corner of the photo I added one of the cute puffy stickers from the collection, and I popped another woodie button there as well.


At the bottom of the page I added a banner sticker, which I adhered using foam tape to give it some extra dimension. I added a third woodie here as well, which creates a visual triangle with the other two. I love these cute little wooden buttons! I added my typed journaling underneath the title, and then I finished the layout off with a couple of little heart stickers, some enamel shapes, and lastly some gold ink splatters.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today!

I also have a process video for this layout on my YouTube channel, if you'd like to check out how it came together...



Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment