Thursday 15 June 2017

Hello Mr Rad | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a new layout using the awesome 'You ROCK' collection from Cocoa Vanilla! This week is 'Scraplift Week' on the blog, and I am loving seeing how the design team members have been scraplifting each other's layouts! I chose to lift a fabulous layout by the talented Sue Plumb. I was inspired by the grid design of her layout.

Here's my page...


And here is Sue's layout...


You can read more about Sue's layout on her blog.

I chose to scrapbook a photo of my son, taken when I took the kids to a local reserve a couple of months ago. I love seeing how much Isaac enjoys the great outdoors, and it was the perfect opportunity to snap a pic of him while he was in his element!

I started my layout off by matting my white cardstock background on the B side of the Starshine patterned paper, and adding some machine stitching around the edge of the page.

Then I was ready to start putting bits and pieces together to form the grid. I used some of the pieces from the Random cut apart sheet, as well as the B side of that paper, and the Stripped and Night Sky patterned papers. As I was choosing what I would add to the grid, I kept in mind that I wanted a blue, black and wood grain colour combination, so I pulled out anything in these colours.


I added a little bit of embellishing to some of the sections in the grid. Here you can see that I added a chipboard star to one piece, and a rubber charm to another. These rubber charms are one of my favourite things in this collection!


How 'awesome' are all of the pieces on the cut apart sheet? They made putting this kind of layout together a breeze!


I matted my photo with the B side of the Galactic patterned paper, and then added some foam tape underneath to lift it up and give it some extra dimension. I then popped one of the super cool flair buttons on the right hand side of the photo. I added my date to one of the labels off the accessory sticker sheet, and then adhered that to one of the sections in the grid.


I added some foam tape underneath the circular die-cut piece that says 'Rad' to give it some extra height. The last piece of the grid to embellish was the strip along the bottom of the page, and I added a chipboard arrow to this section.

To finish the layout off I added a few of the little phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet around the page, and lastly I added some black ink splatters and a few enamel shapes.

Thanks so much for joining me on my blog today! I had so much fun scraplifting Sue's layout! Maybe you've been inspired by her layout too, and could try your own scraplift!

Mandy x

No comments:

Post a Comment