Tuesday 1 November 2016

Lovely | Scrap the Girls November challenge

Hello!

It's the start of November already, and that means that it's time for some new scrappy challenges! This month over at Scrap the Girls we have a fun sketch challenge to inspire you...

 

Here's my take on the sketch...


I decided to use one larger square photo rather than the four smaller photos on the sketch. The photo that I scrapped is one of my youngest daughter Eleanor with my Mum. They were picking flowers in the garden, and I'm so glad that I captured this sweet moment between them.

My layout features the Pink Paislee 'Take Me Away' collection by Paige Evans. The soft colours and the beautiful floral patterns were just perfect for documenting this photo.

Here are a couple of closeups of my page...


I tucked a cute little doily under the top left hand corner of the photo. I then added a white magnolia flower from D-lish Scraps on the side of the photo and tucked a couple of chipboard leaves from the Take Me Away collection under the flower. I finished this little cluster off with a gold chipboard heart.


To the right of the photo I added some more embellishments from the Take Me Away collection, as well as a flair button from D-lish Scraps. I used one of the foam words from the collection as the title for my layout. I added some foam tape underneath it, to give it some extra dimension.

I finished my layout off with some typed journaling and some gold ink splatters.

If you haven't done so already, I hope that you'll pop on over to the Scrap the Girls blog and take a look at the gorgeous layouts that my fellow design team members have created using this sketch! I hope that you'll play along with us this month! Link up your layouts on the Scrap the Girls blog by 30th November to have a chance of winning a prize from our very generous sponsor Flutterby Designs!

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking a look at my layout! Thank you to those who leave a lovely comment as well! I'll be back later today to share my design team layout for the Stuck?! Sketches November 1st challenge.

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. That is a great sketch and I love your use of one photo.. such pretty papers and adorable photo too..

    ReplyDelete